10 September, 2013

New Quilts for Old Beds

The Monday Modern quilt group is putting on an exhibition at Highwic House here in Auckland starting on the 18th. It's such a great pairing, an old house and new quilts, I think we're all pretty excited about it! It's nice and casual too, the quilts will be displayed on the beds and around the house, so along with the quilts you get to see all the other neat stuff at Highwic. Given my professional interest in the past, combined with my love of modern quilts, I'll probably be all overcome and stuff.

New Quilts for Old Beds
If you want to read more about it, here is the media release from Highwic. I have to admit that when I googled the exhibition I got kind of a rush to see that the first page was almost all about us! Now I suppose I'd better go and finish the binding on my offering...

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous way to display quilts. No wonder we love them...they're practical art, colour, warmth, softness in beautiful form. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a wonderful way of displaying the quits!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails