17 January, 2011

Rorstrand Picknick casserole

I found this small casserole in an antique shop a couple weeks ago and immediately fell in love with it. Luckily it was cheap because there is a bit of brown discolouration around the inner lid, but I would have bought it no matter what! It's by a Swedish company called Rorstrand from a line they did in the '50s called Picknick. I like some of the other patterns but not all, so this may remain the only example I have of it, we'll see. Sadly it's not very common in NZ.

2 comments:

  1. Oh blessed Rorstrand. I'm sure it translates to very stylish in english. I've been admiring them on trademe for some time now, but still can't justify bringing any more china into the house. I hope this travels safely with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cheerful thing for your table. Will you use it for food or is it too precious?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails