02 December, 2009

Cross stitch for Christmas

This is the end result of the cross stitch plants I've been doing - a small bag and a larger shoe bag for my sister-in-law in the States.

Embroidered pouch and shoe bag

I'm really pleased how it all turned out! I made the shoe bag following the tutorial over at //Between the lines//, complete with french seams and all! It looks great. The little bag was my own pattern, hence its slightly blobby lines, but hopefully she'll be so distracted by the embroidery that she won't notice :)

Embroidered bag and pouch 2

7 comments:

  1. They look awesome! funny I've been doing french seams too lately... aren't they great? I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful embrodery! i love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. absolutely fabulous... i love both of them.. you do such fine detailed clean work! my cross stitch always looks like a mess :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! I hope your sister in law doesn't read your blog and see her present! I can never resist and always post my handiwork before I give it away :-) what neat embroidery

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really beautiful! I love the colors - your balance turned out well, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This. Is. GORGEOUS! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is beautiful. thanks for coming to my blog, saying hello and entering the giveaway. good luck.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails