28 October, 2009

Felt pouch #3


Felt pouch #3, originally uploaded by Ansis68.

I made this for Hazel this afternoon. She'd admired the two I did yesterday and especially this flower button, so I figured we'd keep the button in the family and I'd put it somewhere she would be less likely to lose it. It really is a fabulous button, I think she's got great taste! I'm going to have to stop making these little bags though, they're strangely addictive and I can see I could end up with lots around the house with no real purpose. I think it's the sheer ease of making them - start in one corner, up the side, around the top and down the other side, stitch the buttonhole, attach the button and voila! I did this one while watching half an hour of Spongebob Squarepants with Hazel.

Kristen wondered if I'd do a tutorial for the blanket stitch, but I'd recommend this one at Futuregirl because I actually learned how to go around corners and start a new strand of floss half way through. Also check out this YouTube video, sometimes it's good to see someone doing it in real time rather than just photos. Personally I almost always forget how to start it off, unless I have been doing it a lot recently, so I have to look it up in my embroidery stitch book. Nice to know there are online options for when I can't find it!

3 comments:

  1. 'no real purpose'? christmas is just around the corner--i'm sure you could find allsorts of little gift cards &/or what-not to put in them.....even a small collection of beautifull buttons for the like-minded!

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are very very nice. I agree with the first post. Christmas prezzies. I would be very happy if i recieved a gift like that so go for it! make as many as you want and give them to your friends. They will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh sure you two, be small felt bag enablers! I suppose I should keep in mind my bloggoversary coming up and what I'm going to do for it before I swear off them entirely!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails